Banner Population Selection -- GWR3PAL (Mailing Labels)
GWR3PAL creates mailing labels from a Population Selection that has been previously created. It is run after the user has gone through the steps to create a population in GLBDATA. For more information about earlier steps, refer to the Population Selection Overview.
GWR3PAL is used to print mailing labels directly from Banner Report Viewer. (Previously, labels were printed on a special line printer at Sylvania Campus and delivered to you through Intercampus Mail.)
- From the Banner Main Menu, type GWR3PAL, then press Enter.
- Click the Go button.
- Click the Next Section
- On the right side of the Parameter Values section, complete the parameter values as shown:
What to Type
05: Address Type
06: Sort Order
To sort labels by Zip Code, leave the default of Z
07: Delete Population?
Leave default of N
5. When you have finished entering the parameter values above, click the Next Sectionicon.
6. Click the Save button on the bottom right of your screen. Now you are ready for Part 2.
Part 2: View and Print Your Labels from Report Viewer
Labels can be printed directly from Banner Report Viewer. When this report appears in Report Viewer, you will see a "Labels" link just to the right of the blue dots.
- Open Report Viewer and find the name of this report on your list of reports. (The name will include "gwr3pal" in its title.)
- Click on the "Labels" link on the right side of the report line.
GWR3PAL is designed to work with Avery Standard Labels, size #5160.
- Print the report.
For help with this process, contact the TSS Training Team.
Another Option: Printing Your Labels Using a Network Printer (not recommended)
Another option is to send your labels report to one of PCC's network printers. If there is one in your area that has been set up to perform this process, it will appear on the drop-down menu in the "Printer Control" block of GWR3PAL..
- In the "Printer Control" block of GWR3PAL, click on the down-arrow next to the "Printer" field and select the printer code for a network printer in your area.
- Printer codes can be understood as follows: "SYCC218PR01" would indicate a Sylvania printer in the CC Building, room 218.
- Not all PCC printers will be listed. To see if your network printer can be added to the list, call the Help Desk at x4400.
- In the "Special Print" field, type "label3."
- Press Next Section