SFASRPO is the Banner page used by advisors and other employees with special permission to override restrictions a student may encounter when attempting to register for a class. For example:
- Student does not meet the Prerequisite(s) for the class
- Class has already started
- Student does not have the appropriate Major for the class
- Class is full (at capacity)
- Class requires Special Approval
Please note: if you are the primary instructor for the course in question, you can perform an override by using BanWeb on MyPCC instead.
Overrides may be granted for a specific CRN, or for all CRN's with the same subject / course designation --- for example, all MTH 20 classes for that student. Once you complete the steps below, the student can register for the class.
- Begin by determining which barrier(s) to registration exist(s). For example, if the class is at capacity and has already started, two barriers exist. You will need to override each restriction or barrier separately
- To view the restrictions to registration for a specific CRN, refer to SSAPREQ.
- From the Banner Main Menu, type SFASRPO, then press Enter.
Type in the student's ID (G Number) in the ID field.
In the "Term" field, type in the Term Code.
Guide to Term Codes 201701 Winter 2017 201702 Spring 2017 201703 Summer 2017 201704 Fall 2017 ...etc.
- Click the Go button.
Entering the Override
Once you have performed the steps above,
- Click in the Permit field and on the 3 dots to the right to view the list of override codes.
- Double-click on the override type you wish to select. Here are the choices:
|Override Type||Description||Effect on Registration|
|APPROVAL||Special Approval Override||Allows student to register for a class requiring "special approval."|
|CAPACITY||Class Capacity Override||Allows student to register even if the class is full.|
|COREQ||Corequisite Override||Allows student to register regardless of whether co-requisite requirement is met.|
|EXPIRED||Too late to register||Keeps student from registering.|
|LATEADD||Late Add Override||Allows student to register after the first day of class.|
|MAJOR||Major Override||Allows student to register regardless of what his/her major is. (Example: some classes allow only Nursing majors.)|
|PREREQ||Override Prerequisite Requirement||Allows student to register regardless of whether the pre-requisite requirement has been met.|
3. When you have specified your override type, type in the CRN in question.
OR, type in the Subject and Course Number (Example: BI 123 for Biology 123) and leave the CRN field blank.
In the case of linked classes, such as a lecture/lab combination with two separate CRN's, specify the subject / course designations only. (Do not specify the CRNs or the override will not allow the student to register for all required sections.)
4. Press the Save icon to save your work.
5. Enter and Save the next override type for the student, as needed.
Once you complete the steps above, the student will still need to register for the class.