This report is designed for departments to get information related to PCC's Deletion for Non-Payment (DNP) process. SWRDNPS provides information about students and classes AFTER the deletion deadline has taken effect for each term. (The SWRDNPT report, in contrast, is used to get information about students BEFORE the deletion deadline.)
- From the Banner Main Menu, type SWRDNPS, then press Enter on your keyboard..
Click the Go button.
Click the Next Sectionicon.
(Or, just click with your mouse in the "Parameter Values" section as shown in the picture below.)
This will move your curser to the "Parameter Values" section.
4. On the right side (in the "Values" column) type in the information needed to specify the details of your report. Use the following table as a guide:
What to Type
|01 Term Code||The academic Term -- for example, 201203 for Summer 2012.|
|02 Campus Code||The course Campus Code for the campus you want.|
1 = Sylvania
2 = Cascade
3 = Rock Creek
4 = SE Campus
(Note: Until Spring 2015, '4' was used to designate the 'Extended Learning Campus', which included SE Campus as well as Workforce and Community Education classes)
W = Workforce and Community Education (from Summer 2015 to the present)
5 = Contract Out of District
6 = Education Services
7 = Tillamook Bay
8 = Columbia Gorge
If you don't want to narrow your report down based on campus, use "%" for all. (Usually the best choice.)
|03 Attendance Method||Optional, but recommended -- The Attendance Method code associated with your department's classes -- for example, N4 for PCC Prep Alternative Programs.|
If you don't want to narrow your report down based on Attendance Method, use "%" for all.
|04 Organization Code|
Your department's Orgn. Code (budget code). Roll up allowed without %.
(i.e. A408 for the entire VAPAD division)
If you don't want to narrow your report down based on Organization Code, use "%" for all.
|05 Subject Code||The Subject Code (like BI for Biology classes). |
If you don't want to narrow your report down based on subject code, use "%" for all.
|06 Fund Code||The Fund Code associated with your department budget.|
If you don't want to narrow your report down based on Fund Code, use "%" for all.
|07 Program Code||The Program Code associated with your department budget.|
If you don't want to narrow your report down based on Program Code, use "%" for all.
|08 Sort Order||The sort order for the items listed on your report.|
O = by Orgn. Code; A = By Attendance Method; S = by course Subject; P = by Program Code.
|09 Print Student Detail|
Indicate which of the following you want for your report:
Y = Yes to student detail -- provides a list of students who will be deleted, with G Numbers and Phone Numbers
N = No to student detail -- provides a list of CLASSES who will be affected by student deletions for non-payment, and the estimated financial impact for each class.
Optional -- Indicate the CRN, if you are only running this report for one CRN.
|11 Enter Student CR/NC||The Level Code associated with students enrolled in the classes specified.|
NC = non-credit students; CR = credit students.
|12 Last DNP delete run only? Y/N||Y for date the DNP was run. N for No|
5. When you are finished completing the above parameters, click the Next Sectionicon.
6. Click the Save button.
(For more information about saving reports, including saving your parameters for a future time, see the Banner Report Help page.)
7. Open Report Viewer and view your report.
The file name you will see in Report Viewer will ends with .csv. Below are instructions on how to download this report for viewing in Excel format.
Downloading This Report into Excel
- In Banner Report Viewer, look for the version of the completed report ending with ".csv." Click on the blue dot on the far right of the line:
2. IF you are given the option to "Save As" and save it in a specific location, save it somewhere you will remember (such as your Desktop) with a name you can remember.
3. Open a blank Excel spreadsheet..
4. Click on the 'Data' tab.
5. On the Data tab, look for icons on the upper left that have to do with "getting external data." Click on the "From Text" icon.
- If you have Word 2007, instead look for the "Get External Data" iconand select "as text."
6. When prompted, find and select the file you saved earlier (in step 1-2 above).
7. Press Next.
8. On step 2 of the Text Import Wizard, you will be asked to specify what character is the "delimiter" of your data. Click the "other" checkbox and type in the carat symbol (^) as a "delimiter."
9. Click "Finish"
Create and Save Two Versions of This Report for Future Terms
You can save the parameters you typed for the next time you need to run this report.. In fact, we recommend that you save and name the parameters of this report TWICE -- once in "Detail" mode (Parameter 08 = Y) and another time in "Summary" mode (Parameter 08 = N).
Refer to "Three Ways to Save a Banner Report," Option Three for more details.
- Deletion for Non-Payment Reports (SWRDNPT and SWRDNPS) -- more information [pdf]
- Faculty Talking Points [pdf]
- Faculty and Staff Frequently Asked Questions [pdf]
- Questions to Ask Students [pdf]
- Tuition and Fees / Student Financial Responsibilities