Banner Population Selection -- SWRPLST (Demographic List w. Credit Hrs.)
The SWRPLST demographic report, part of the Population Selection process, enables the user to create a list of student names, G numbers, addresses, phone numbers, majors at time of enrollment, and demographic information based on a population selection the user has previously created.
If you select "D" for Parameter 04, the report also includes each student's total credit hours earned. A download friendly version of the report is also created.
SWRPLST is employed AFTER a population has been selected in GLBDATA. For more information about required prior steps, refer to the Population Selection Overview page.
- From the Banner Main Menu, type SWRPLST, then press Enter.
- Click the Go button and then Next Section
- On the right side of the Parameter Values section, complete the parameter values as shown:
|Parameter||What To Type|
01: Population Application Code
Type the Banner module for which the population selection was created
02: Population Selection ID
Type the Population Selection ID (for example, REGS_STDN_CRN)
For a list of common population selections, click here.
03: Population Creator ID
COMMON (or, if you combined 2 popsels to make your own, enter your login)
|04: List or Download File||For a printed list that does not include credit hrs earned, type L.|
For a downloadable list of students showing credit hours earned, type D.
05: Address / Phone
Type one of the following:
|06: Address Effective Date||(Leave default of today's date)|
|07: Address Type||Leave default of 1MA|
08: Delete This Population (Y/N)
Leave default of N
09: Sort Code
1 = To sort by name
10: Term Code
Type the term code used when Population Selection was run, or the current term code if one was not used in Population Selection
Example: 201104 for Fall 2011
4. When you have finished entering the parameter values above, click the Next Section icon.
5. Click the Save button on the top left of your screen.
You will see a message at the bottom left of the screen: Look for Printout in yourname_swrplst_99999.lis.
6. Open Report Viewer to view and/or print your report.
Two files are created for this report:
- The file name that ends with .lis is a viewable report.
- The file name that ends with .dat contains the same information in download-friendly format.
To download the .dat report, click on the blue button that looks like this:
Go through the downloading process to save and convert your report into Excel format. Choose "tab delimited" and indicate "comma" as the delimiting character.
For more information on how to download reports, refer to: Downloading from Banner into Excel or Word.