Assessment Listserve: Subscribe to ASSESS at http://www.coe.uky.edu/lists/helists.php
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Resources and Rubrics:
- Excellent Critical Thinking Rubric from AAC&U [pdf] This was put together by a national committee of faculty and we have permission to reprint with attribution.
- Excellent Problem Solving Rubric from AAC&U [pdf] This was put together by a national committee of faculty and we have permission to reprint with attribution.
- Holistic Critical Thinking Rubric [pdf] A fine, basic tool for evaluating critical thinking from Insight Assessment.
- Guide to Rating Integrative and Critical Thinking This rubric from Washington State is often cited as a helpful pattern. We have permission to reprint part or all of it - as long as we attribute it to them. That's fair.
- Holistic Critical Thinking [pdf] PSU has used this rubric for assessing Freshman Inquiry portfolios.
- Foundation for Critical ThinkingIf you’re looking for a definition of Critical Thinking and you haven’t found one that suits your discipline, please feel free to use the work done by the Foundation for Critical Thinking.
- Designing Rubrics for Assessing Higher Order Thinking includes principles of design and rubric examples
Assessment Resources and Rubrics:
- The VALUE rubrics developed by the Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) are a great resource. Go to the AAC&U web page for detailed information about the rubrics, and click on this link to view the rubrics in a single PDF: VALUE Rubrics [pdf]. Please note, these rubrics may or may not be the latest versions available from AAC&U directly.
- Resource Page on Rubrics for Institutional Assessment, from the University of Virginia, has great instructions on how to design rubrics for institutional assessment and includes many good examples of rubrics.
- Miami University offers a resource page with many ready-made rubrics, along with instructions and free software for designing your own.
- Principles of Good Practice in Assessing Student Learning, an article from the American Association for Higher Education, covers 9 principles of assessment.
- Comprehensive Collection of all Learning Assessment Resources, compiled by the North Carolina State University Planning and Analysis Department, is a resource list of articles, sites, and forums covering many elements of learning assessment.
- PSU's University Studies web page features rubrics such as Diversity; Ethics, Agency, and Community; Quantitative Literacy; and Writing (multiple).