What is ALEKS?
Assessment and Learning in Knowledge Spaces is a Web-based, artificially intelligent assessment and learning system. ALEKS uses adaptive questioning to quickly and accurately determine what a student knows, doesn't know, and is ready to learn. ALEKS avoids multiple choice questions, and instead uses input tools where you type or graph your answer.
Click here for a short video with details about ALEKS and how it works.
What do I need to know if my Instructor is using ALEKS?
- Your instructor will provide you with a course code which includes a free trial period of ALEKS.
- After the free trial period ends, you will have to purchase an ALEKS access code. An access code may be purchased at any PCC bookstore or directly within ALEKS.
What are the system requirements for ALEKS?
Click here for the system requirements
Do I need to setup another ALEKS account if I already have one for placement?
Yes you will need different accounts for placement and classroom use. Unfortunately these are different products and vary greatly in their setup. Please create a different account for classroom use.
If you have an account from an ALC or ALM class, you do not need to create a new account. You can add a new class using the course code provided by your instructor.
Please contact your instructor if you answer yes to any of the statements below:
- Currently taking MTH 112 after passing a previous MTH 111 ALEKS course.
- Currently retaking MTH 20, MTH 111 or MTH 112 with ALEKS after earning a non-passing grade in a previous ALEKS course.
- Having difficulty purchasing an access code for use of ALEKS in your current course.